Residential Sanitation Service:
Weekly curbside collection of solid waste includes:
- Garbage and household waste
- Recycling – collection day same as trash service
- Yard waste – combo of 10 bags and/or bundles per week (Collection day is Monday).
- Tree trimmings,shrubbery cuttings,sticks and limbs most be tied together (Fasten together with a cord)
- Appliances – No more than 4 items per year (Contact City Hall for pick-up)
- Bulk items – Do not place items too large to fit in the 95 gallon cart on the curb. Please call City Hall at 770-498-8984 ext. 126 to schedule a pickup. A fee is required. Place bulk items on the curb the day before your scheduled pickup.
95 gallon carts and 18 gallon recycle bin are provided by the city for garbage collection.
To report a damaged or missing trash cart or recycle bin contact City Hall at (770) 498-8984.
- Containers prevent garbage and debris from being scattered by the wind or animals onto the streets.
- Containers decrease problems with rodents, insects and other pests
- Standardized containers help control costs
The following items will NOT be picked up:
- Building materials. Contractors and owners much call the City to obtain an open top construction bin. **Fees apply**
- Paint, varnish, and all types of oil and gas http://www.dca.state.ga.us/development/EnvironmentalManagement/programs/downloads/GeneralHHWdisposal.pdf
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to solvents, poison, acids, volatile fluids, and fireworks
- Ashes for any source such as fireplaces and grills
Garbage & Household Waste Disposal:
- Containers must be on the curb for pickup by 7:00 AM on the day of collection, but no earlier than 5:00 PM the evening before collection. The container must be removed from the curb by 11:00 PM on the day of collection.
- All residential garbage and household waste must be in a container provided by the city.
Garbage must also be bagged for disposal and placed inside container.
- Anything that will rot is considered garbage. Garbage must be drained of liquids before disposal.
- Do not exceed fifty pounds of waste per container.
- Extra Container available for an additional $10.50 per month.
- Containers are the property of the city.
Accepted Recyclable Materials:
Glass of any kind is no longer collected as of February 1, 2016 because there is no market for used glass at this time. Place bottles and other glass containers with garbage and household waste.
Paper, including newspaper, cardboard, junk mail, magazines, telephone books
Aluminum and steel cans
Plastic containers #1-#7
- Yard waste must be separated from garbage and household waste (See page two of the Clean & Beautiful brochure for more detailed instructions).
- Waste such as broken glass or sharp objects must be packaged to avoid injury to collectors.
- Pet litter must be placed in plastic bags and placed in the container.
- Disposable diapers must be placed in plastic bags and placed in the container.